Customized training courses
Customized language training is intended for individuals and organizations.
This à-la-carte training course is designed to meet the specific needs of students, to ensure their progress based on the difficulties encountered, be it with speaking or writing.
Semi-private lessons focus on knowledge sharing. They are specially designed for two (2) learners from the same professional setting with similar levels of language proficiency.
Courses for three or more students
This option broadens the scope of students through varied, dynamic and interactive learning activities.
Groups can have up to 12 people.
Overview of benefits
- Adaptable content
- Flexible schedule
- Available on UQAM’s main campus, online and remote learning via ZOOM, or at the company
In addition, all customized training includes:
- A placement test (oral and/or written, if applicable)
- Training program curriculum design and lesson plans
- Adapted teaching materials
- A detailed training overview for each participant, where applicable
- A certificate of training for each participant along with SOFEDUC continuing education units (CEU), where applicable
Types of courses
French, English and Spanish courses focus primarily on skills related to oral or written communication in a variety of professional and everyday situations.
The re-skilling offered can support students in their use of a first language or a foreign language.
- Language coaching for professionals
- Honing of skills and upgrading
- Support with writing, preparing public presentations
All applications for training may be analyzed by the Non-Credit Language Courses office.
Recommended schedule type
|Minimum duration/lesson||Recommended frequency||Potential schedule||Day | Evening|
|1.5 to 2 hours depending on the level||1 class/week | 10 weeks||Monday to Saturday||8 a.m. to 8 p.m.|