For reference, those taking part in a language immersion should expect the following costs:
- Course fee (starting at $600) *
- Registration fee
- Placement test
- Teaching materials
- Applicable taxes
- Registration fee – GST and QST
- Educational materials – GST (for Spanish classes only)
- Accommodation reservation fee, where applicable – GST and QST
*English and French courses are non-taxable.
- 8% applicable if two (2) programs are on the same registration form
- 15% for UQAM students, graduates, employees and retirees upon presentation of supporting documentation.
Methods of payment
By credit card (Visa, Mastercard)
Prices are in Canadian dollars. The currency conversion will be made on your credit card.
Cancellation and refund policy
Cancellation of a language immersion by the Non-Credit Language Courses office
The Non-Credit Language Courses office reserves the right to cancel any language immersion without notice if there is an insufficient number of participants. This is the only case in which all costs will be refunded.
Cancellation of a language immersion by the participant
- Prior to the registration deadline: registration and placement test fees are non-refundable.
- From the registration deadline until the day before the training begins: registration and placement test fees + 30% of the total cost of training are non-refundable. No reimbursement will be granted out of those dates.
Refunds for participation in a language immersion
- All requests must clearly state the reasons for cancellation and be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The amount due will be reimbursed according to the original payment method.
Exception to refunds
- In case of illness, please send written proof from the attending physician.
Certificate of participation
Each participant will receive a transcript specifying the program’s general parameters.